Selecting a Property
- Search and select Property via the internet (www.gatewayproperties.com.au) or other advertised source.
- Drive-by the Property for location suitability.
- Contact us to arrange an appointment to inspect the Property.
- We’ll meet you on-site, at the Property, at the appointed time.
- If you are not able to keep the appointment, please contact our office in advance.
- A copy of the General Tenancy Agreement, Terms and any Special Terms will be on display at the Inspection.
- Ensure the General Tenancy Agreement, Terms and any Special Terms have been viewed by you. (Click The Hyper-link to view).
- Complete one Application Form per person. Children may be included on a Parent or Guardian’s Application. Applications are available on Line, either by clicking here or going to the Tenant Applications Tab.
- Include evidence of your income eg Pay slip or if self employed, a letter of income verification from your Accountant, Centerlink documents, Scholarship documents
- Provide and attach photocopies of documents required to meet 100 points of identification as the guide shows below. Please note this Agency cannot provide photocopying services.
|100 POINTS – OPTION LIST|
|Drivers Licence||40 points||Other Photo ID||20 points||Current Vehicle Registration||10 points|
|Passport||40 points||Recent Wage Advice||30 points||Bank/Credit Card Statement||10 points|
|Birth Certificate||20 points||Previous Tenancy History-Ledger||30 points||Telephone/Electricity/Gas Acct||10 points|
|18+ Card||30 points||Previous four rent receipts||20 points||Pension/Health Care Card||10 points|
- Before submitting an Application, ensure you have been given the General Tenancy Agreement, Terms and any Special Terms to peruse. A copy will be available at the inspection or as advised by staff.
- Please be aware Bond Transfers are NOT an option.
- Incomplete Applications cannot be processed.
- If you require assistance to complete the form, please ask, as we are here to help.
As your Application is a high priority, we will endeavour to have an answer to you within 48 hours, but will advise you if it will be longer due to delays in reaching your contacts.
Information verification by our agency:
To verify your Application information we contact Tenancy Databases eg TICA & Barclays. If you have had a problem with a previous Tenancy, please discuss the circumstances with us. We also contact your Employer/HR Manager, current & previous Agent/Lessor and personal referees.
If Application is not accepted:
If your Application is not accepted by the Lessor, it will be retained for one (1) month and then destroyed securely to comply with Privacy Legislation.
If Application is accepted:
If your Application is accepted by the Lessor, you are required to pay an amount equivalent to two (2) weeks rent and/or the full Bond amount and sign the General Tenancy Agreement, Terms and any Special Terms within 24 hours of notification of acceptance.
Rent payment method options:
BPay, Direct Debit or Phone Banking Or DEFT are accepted as rent payment methods. Our Agency uses the services of DEFT and the cost to the Tenant if this service is accepted will be $0.85 cents Per transaction Plus Credit Card Fees If Applicable. Dishonour fees are estimated to be $15.00 CASH IS NOT AN OPTION.
Arrange the following services by completing our Agency Utility Connection Form available from Reception or arrange personally:
- Power Connection
- Gas Connection (if applicable)
- Phone Connection
- Contents Insurance - Arrange personally
- Change address - For existing accounts and services